Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why another blog (Especially since I hardly update my old one)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been gardening in England for the past two and a half years. It is so different from gardening in India, there has been so much to learn. I started out with a bare canvas and had to plan a layout for the garden, dig the earth, select the plants based on innumerable criteria, buy them, plant them, take care of them. At every step, I have done a lot of research on the net. On some topics there is a stupendous amount of information and on some others there just isn't enough. I have learned quite a bit from other blogs. When I have not found enough info on the net and in books, I have got help from the very knowledgeable, helpful and patient people at our local garden center. Really, I can't thank them enough

So why not try to store all the useful information I have acquired on my blog so that I can refer back to them later and other gardeners may use them.

It is good to know what I was doing in the garden at this time in the previous years - What I did too early and what I should have started much earlier. This prevents me from repeating the same mistakes.

There is one other very important reason. When we return to India after some years, I will not be able to take my beloved garden with me. I wish to take with me, a journal of my gardening, complete with lots of photographs.

I wish I had started this blog much earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment