Monday, May 18, 2009

Pigeons!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slug was called "public enemy number 1" by some gardening magazine recently. My greatest enemy in the garden is not the slug but the pigeon. I have had some problems with slugs but I have learned to handle them. But the pigeon! It breaks in two my Aubergine plants, pokes holes in my perpetual spinach, and eats all the young leaves and buds from the Viburnum Tinus. I had put up a scare crow in the midst of the Aubergines and it seemed to be working but today I saw that the healthiest looking one had been broken in two.
What do I do? I seem to remember that a tightly tied string's vibration in the wind will repel a pigeon. I should tie them all around the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment