Monday, June 8, 2009

Bird feed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I complained about pigeons destroying my tender plants. I only recently realised that I was inviting the pigeons to my garden myself. I hang a bird feeder to one of my trees and place seed mix in it to invite small birds to my garden. They do come and I am delighted to see them perched on the edge of the feeder and pecking away happily. The pigeons cannot feed from there directly because the feeder swings and the pigeons are too heavy. But unfortunately the little birds spill a lot of the seeds and the pigeons walk around eating what has fallen on the ground. During their 'amble' they spot my little tender seedling and decide to peck them too. Last week I could not refill the feeder for a few days and the garden was very quiet. There were no birds and so no pigeons either.(yeah, I do know that pigeons are birds). Now what do I do?
I have to find a feeder that wont allow seeds to fall on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment