Thursday, June 18, 2009

Full defence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I planted a blueberry plant last autumn. Blueberries are very good for health and fresh ones are quite expensive. The plant itself cost just about 8pounds. I was told that it was a low maintenance plant, so what could be a better choice? As I read more about the plant I discovered that a companion plant about a meter away will help both plants yield a lot more. So this spring, I brought home another plant. It already had a few flowers on it. The first plant also had plenty. I started planning rather prematurely how if there was so much yield I would freeze some for future use. And last week I find that the pigeons have eaten the fruits from the new plant. So today I have brought home my defence : a net, and a support. I hope to protect the remaining fruits on the other plant. Ever since I stopped feeding the other birds, pigeons are also rare but I truly miss all the other lively little birds. Today I also bought bird food which only little bird can access!

No comments:

Post a Comment