Thursday, July 9, 2009

Highlights of the Garden 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In spring, the borders were not as colourful as I would have wished, though the late winter and spring flowering shrubs were doing well. Evidently I had not planted a lot of spring flowering bulbs and perennials. But the summer border made up for it. The fantastic Lupins! There was another purple one which stopped producing more flowers because I did not deadhead them. Thanks to the early summer, I am able to see the Hydrangea before leaving for India.



I cannot describe the pleasure in beholding this towering beauty first thing in the morning. The moment I open the patio doors the perfume wafts in and fills me with happiness. I missed this totally last year because I left for India just when they were getting ready to bloom. Again, the early summer helped me enjoy it this time. But the pot is too small for it and as the plants grow, the pot can hardly hold enough water and already this week the lower leaves are drying. Next year I will plant a tower in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment